Francisco Mora (1922 - 2002) was born in Uruapan, Michoacán.
In 1941, Mora relocated to Mexico City where he won a scholarship to study at the art school, La Esmeralda, where he was a pupil of Diego Rivera. Later in the same year, he began exhibiting with the Taller de Gráfica Popular, a communal graphics workshop founded by artists Leopoldo Méndez, Pablo O'Higgins and Luis Arenal that built on Mexico’s rich tradition of political printmaking in order to advance revolutionary political and social causes. Mora remained a member of the TGP collective until 1965. During this time, his artistic focus was on social justice; making posters for trade unions and government literacy campaigns.
Mora was a member of the "Mexican School" of mural artists. Other artists involved included Carlos Mérida, Francisco Zúñiga, Pablo O'Higgins and his wife Elizabeth Catlett Mora.
In the 1950s and 1960s, Mora exhibited his paintings and lithographs in Mexico and abroad.